Shift currently supports Gmail/GSuite hosted by Google and Outlook/Office 365 hosted by Microsoft. If you have a privately hosted POP email account you'd like to add to Shift, follow the steps below.
- Create a new free Gmail account (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en) that will be used exclusively for supporting your external POP account in Shift. Give this email a name you'll easily remember and know is associated with your POP email
- Add this newly created Gmail account to Shift by following the steps listed here
- Setup access to your POP email account through your newly added Gmail. To do this, click on your Gmail in Shift and then go to Settings > Accounts and Import > Check mail from other accounts > Add a mail account
- Add the POP account’s credentials. While adding the POP account, make sure that a copy of all the messages retrieved from the POP account is left on the server:
- To make it look like you are replying from your POP account, go to the ‘Check mail from other accounts’ section and check the option to ‘Reply from the same address the message was sent to’.
- Now, whenever you compose an email or a reply, it will be sent from your POP account by default
All done! Now, you can view and reply to emails sent to your POP account using your proxy account in Shift!
Have a privately hosted IMAP email you want to connect to Shift? Learn how here.
Learn to make Shift your default email client here.
Learn to manage email notifications here.
Get in touch with our support team here