Shift currently supports Gmail, Office 365, and Outlook email accounts. These are the only three types of email that can be your primary email in Shift. If you have an unsupported email account you'd like to add to Shift, there are a few things you can try.
Adding a POP email account to Shift
You can set up a proxy account which can be modified to support your POP account.
- Create a new free Gmail account in a browser that will be used exclusively for supporting your external POP account in Shift.
Add this account to Shift.
Setup access to your external POP account through the Skeleton account.
To do this, first go to your Gmail Settings > Accounts and Import > Check mail from other accounts > Add a mail account. Add the POP account’s credentials.
4. While adding the POP account, make sure that a copy of all the messages retrieved from the POP account is left on the server.
5. To make it look like you are replying from your POP account, go to the ‘Check mail from other accounts’ section and check the option to ‘Reply from the same address the message was sent to’.
6. Now whenever you compose an email or a reply, it will be sent from your POP account by default.
All done! Now, you can view and reply emails sent to your POP account using your proxy account in Shift!
Adding email accounts as apps
While we only support Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365 as email accounts we do support other email accounts as apps. For example, both Yahoo and Apple mail can be added to Shift as an app.
To do, follow the steps below:
- Click the plus sign in the bottom left and select "Add Application"
- Scroll through categories or use the search bar
- Add the app to your sidebar by using the + in the upper right corner of the app
- Name the account, choose a color, and click "Save". Your new app will appear in your sidebar
Learn to make Shift your default email client here.
Learn to manage email notifications here.
Get in touch with our support team here.